Thursday, September 18, 2014

BIG NEWS!!!

And probably not the news you're expecting. (Because this is not adoption news.)

We really weren't expecting it either!!!

WE 

ARE 

PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my GOODNESS, I still can't believe those words apply to us!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm a mother!!!! John's a father!!!! And I have a sweet baby growing inside me!!!

I have to be honest, John and I are still both totally shocked!! We were completely caught of guard by a cycle that was NOT looking like pregnancy AT ALL. But then God worked a miracle and HERE WE ARE!

We found out exactly two weeks ago on P+17. I immediately went in for blood work the next morning...

HCG: 2,247
Progesterone: 32

And then three days later...

HCG: 8,035
Progesterone: 31

And then two days after that...

HCG: 13,312

And then two days after that...


We got an ultrasound at 5w4d!! Our little one was actually too little to see, so we only got to peak at the yolk sack, but what a beautiful yolk sack it was! I was worried about a frequent but mild pain on my right side, so Dr. G let me go in for an ultrasound, just to make sure our babe was in the right place. And sure enough, Baby Schweitz is nestled right where he's supposed to be!! Eeeeeeee!

I'm not going to lie. These past two weeks have been the happiest yet scariest two weeks of my life! Anxiety has been sky high because when my mind wanders, it goes to worst possible outcomes, like losing our sweet child.

But we're also on cloud nine!!!!! No matter what, we'll be mom and dad from this moment on!

First family portrait!

Please keep our little one in your prayers!! While we're over the moon excited, we also know we're not out of the woods yet. Not even close! I'm only 6w3d today. And my symptoms come and go, which can be normal, but also, of course, is causing me to worry!

Also, please please please know of my continued prayers for all of you, especially those who may experience sadness upon hearing this news. How I know that pain all too well. Sending so many hugs your way today, sweet friends.

Also also, if you know me in real life, please don't spread the word yet! We'd like to keep this a real life secret for a while still, especially until after we hopefully see/hear the heartbeat at our next ultrasound on Tuesday!

Coming up next... deets on how we found out and why I think this cycle was the one!

Eeeeeeeeeeee!! :D :D :D

32 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can feel your excitement in this post. Praying for you and your dh and of course, your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you the biggest internet hug!!!! Congratulations! Now stay away from Baby Center forums, they do no good :) Prayers for the THREE of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ...too much? :)

    You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly! From one worry-wart to another, if the stress becomes too much for you, get on your knees at Adoration! It is often the ONLY thing that works for me! God is IN CONTROL, and He is so, so good.

    Oh, and if you couldn't tell, I am SOOOO excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, congratulations!! I got tears in my eyes reading your news - how exciting! I will definitely keep praying for you all - so happy for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome, awesome news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best news ever! Congrats! I love your first family picture. Grow baby grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Prayers for peace during these nerve-wracking weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congratulations! Glad you shared the news so that we can all pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! Grow, baby, GROW!!! I am excited for you both and will be praying for you and your little one! Best news I have read all day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! So exciting! I'll be keeping all three (!!!) of you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Stephanie, I'm sooooo haaaappppyyyy for yoooouuuu!!! Even though I haven't been writing on my blog or commenting on anyone else's, I'm still here, reading my favorite gals, and you are one of them, sweet Stephanie. I'm exploding with happiness for you, Mama. Big hugs to you and John :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHHHHH! I'm so so so excited for you!! My poor mom, I was just on the phone with her and opened up blogger and started crying for you LOL Oh my goodness I'm so happy :-) You posted today so this could be my birthday present right?!?!

    And I totally understand about this being the happiest but scariest time ever. The first couple months draaagggged on for me because I was so worried, and my symptoms definitely would come and go. Many prayers for you, John, and BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!! Such joyful news!!!! Grow, Baby, grow!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Grow baby grow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Praying for you and baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! So excited for you! Praying for you all and the sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhh! Congratulations!!!! Soooo excited for you :) :) Lots of prayers for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHHHH! So excited!!! So glad that I got hear this news in person. I may or may not have teared up (again) while reading this post. So excited for you and Johnny!! And so excited that I got to hug you and cry with you (a little bit) and then make cookies while we talked about this new, precious, tiny blessing that you are experiencing. AHHHH!!!! YAYAYAYAY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. woot, woot! Praise God, thank you Jesus, so exciting!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanted to drop you a line of congratulations! I am a close friend of Lisa's at the "Little Moments" blog (we've been friends since kindergarten!) and I found your blog through her blog. I've been keeping you in my prayers, and I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just catching up here and seeing your wonderful news. Lots of prayers for you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations !!! Enjoy every moment with this precious little gift. Will be praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Stephanie!!! What wonderful, beautiful, amazing news!!! I'm so happy for you, baby, and family! :) Prayers for you from Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness! I'm just finding out about this now!!! Congratulations!!!! (I am jumping up and down in my chair I'm so excited!) Praying for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GAH!!! How did I not get to this post yet?!?!?! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Congratulations, and praying for all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally missed this post! Congratulations to you guys! This is amazing news!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...