Thursday, May 1, 2014

Stitch Fix #3!

Another day, another fashion tangent.

After my last Stitch Fix, I just couldn't resist another! I took a two month break between Fixes this time, which was a good plan, but that meant I was definitely overly-excited and READY when my magical box of hand-selected-for-me clothes arrived this morning. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it had been delivered until I was walking out the door on my way (almost late!) to work. Oops. So the box had to wait. But I knew the wait would be worth it. Check out just how lovely my spoils are this time around...

Oh, wait! Before I show you, I need to preface by saying I NEED YOUR HELP! I am reeeally not sure what to do here. I could see myself keeping all of these items, but I definitely don't love all of them, ya know? I'm leaning toward just keeping the two dresses, but am more than willing to be persuaded. And keep in mind, I get 25% off all of them if I keep all five items. Let me know what you think in the comments, PLEASE!

Also, if you've never heard of Stitch Fix before or you're a little confused at this point, check out my first Stitch Fix post for all the deets.

Ok, now here we go...

First, a little preview of all the items. I figured numbering them may help you more easily discuss them in the comments. Thank you very much. :)



Alright, now one at a time...


TCEC Denissa Tribal Detailed Key-Hole Tank - $48

Here's what I like: I don't own anything like it. I really could use some more white tops. I'm liking the tribal design down the front. It's nice and lightweight for the summer.

And what I don't like: It's super thin so I'll always have to wear something under it. Because of the cut, my bra straps show in the back. Not classy. It's flowy, which I like, but may have also crossed the line to baggy, which I don't like.

Overall, I'm confused. I can definitely see myself wearing it again, but I'm not sure it looks great on me. What do you think?



Loveappella Karissa Chevron Print Henley Tank - $48

Oh, Stitch Fix. I told you I didn't like this type of chevron pattern last time. You sent me a dress with a similar shaggy-looking chevron pattern and it made me go ICK. So I asked you to send me another chevron-y item this time around, but with a very defined chevron pattern like this or this. Instead, this shaggy-chevron tank is what I got. Sigh. The good news is, I like it a little better than the last chevron. Also, my husband likes the fit. But I'm still not exactly sure. It seems like it'd be great for summer and since it's black and white, I could wear it with lots of stuff. But again, not thrilled with the pattern. Is it too fuddy-duddy? Is the fit really that great?



Papermoon Tina Striped Open Cardigan - $48

Another piece that I'm not crazy about, but I could see myself getting some use out of. The pink and white stripes are fun, and I love the relaxed fit of an open cardigan. But the material is very thin. It makes me worry about its longevity. How will it stand up to several washes? And is it worth $48? I keep going back and forth!



41Hawthorn Callafia Short-Sleeve Wrap Dress - $68

Yes! Stitch Fix, THANK YOU!! This dress is the bees knees. For all you youngins out there, that means it's cool. The color is gorgeous, the fit is perfect. I think it's so flattering, especially around my waist. And I love the flowiness of the skirt. Plus, ladies... IT HAS POCKETS! So many wonderful things about this dress. Plus, it's super well made out of a nice, thick material. Mmmm, Stephie likes! However, my one ish (issue) is the cleavage. I already told John this dress would not be allowed at church or church-related functions. However, it'd totally be allowed on dates and nights out on the town. Thoughts?



Lily Kristen Geo Print Maxi Dress - $118

Stitch Fix, you win again! I asked for at least two dresses in this Fix and boy did you deliver! This one fits like a glove! It's classy, makes me feel skinny, and the pattern is just too much fun! It's perfect for Spring and Summer and OH MAN I just can't wait to wear it! Sure, the price is steep, but as my stylist pointed out, it's a one-piece outfit (which I guess is a non-awkward way of saying, "No pants required!") and therefore, won't require me to purchase more items to create an outfit. $118 to feel like a million bucks? Worth it in my book!

---

There you have it! So, what do you think? Any advice?

Like I said above, I really could see myself keeping all five of these items. But I could also be perfectly happy with just the two dresses. That's probably reason enough to go with just the two dresses, but I'm curious to hear what you think based on the pictures. Do the tank-tops and the cardigan look cute enough on me to keep?

Let's talk numbers for a second. Keep in mind these two things: 1.) I get 25% off if I keep all five and 2.) I have $100 in credits that I got from friends/strangers using my referral link!! (Thank you, friends and strangers!!)

If I keep all five, the grand out-of-my-pocket total is $152.50.

(Oops, original math was wrong. I edited the following numbers...)

If I keep just the two dresses, the grand out-of-my-pocket total is $86.

Therefore, the two tanks and the cardigan cost $152.50 - $86 = $66.50.

Is it worth $66.50 to keep the two tanks and the cardigan (plus the pretty-much-already-decided-on dresses)? Decisions, decisions.

Obviously, keeping any combo of the five items (but not all of them) is also an option. TOO MANY DECISIONS!

To wrap up, I'll include my usual plug -- If you're interested in getting your own Stitch Fix, feel free to use this referral link! I'll get $25 toward my next Fix if you do. But please, don't feel pressured at all! I don't share my Fixes to get money. I share them because it's fun and clearly I need your help! But if you want to throw some extra clothing money my way in the process... by all means! :)

Check back here (like this exact spot, the end of this post) on Monday to see which items I pick!

Looking forward to having your help and hearing your thoughts. Thanks, friends!

UPDATE
I decided to keep the two dresses and return the rest and I'm very happy with that decision! I took all of your advice into consideration and the dresses won it! I also slept on it and that helped a bit. I woke up the next morning not crazy about the first 3 pieces at all, but still totally in love with the dresses. My heart knew what to do! So, thanks again for all your help!! I especially love the suggestion to wear a tank under the wrap dress. Brilliant! Makes me even happier about that purchase. I'm signed up for another one on July 1st. Looking forward to sharing that with all of you!


26 comments:

  1. I like the two dresses on you especially the plain one..they are both figure flattering. I love to wear dresses in the summer. $76 isn't too bad. Have fun choosing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! Glad we agree on the dresses. :) And yes, dresses are the BEST for summer!

      Delete
  2. I love the turquoise dress, and you could always use a safety pin or put a cami under it if you wanted to wear it to church/church-related functions. I'm actually not wild about that particular maxi dress, but if it makes you feel fabulous, you should absolutely keep it.

    The two tanks both seem to have some strap issues going on, which, as you said, is not a classy look. I usually keep my cardigans solid color so that they can go with more, but the stripes are cute and fun. Depending on what the fabric is made of, you may need to worry about pilling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cami suggestion. That's awesome! I'm totally going to rock that dress with a cami! Also, I agree on the tanks. I didn't love that I'd always have bra strap issues. Or have to wear a strapless bra. Not my favorite. And you're totally right when you say cardis should be solid colors. I had never thought of that, but I'm with you on it now. Great suggestions!

      Delete
  3. Get the 2 dresses!!! They are so adorable and they look really good on you. When you said the dress had pockets I literally squealed because I LOVE pockets! I agree with Stephanie using a pin/sewing it or wearing a cami under is a good idea because you "don't want your lungs hanging out" as my MIL would say ;)

    In my opinion the tops and cardigan are not worth that much $$ because the material is so thin on the 1st top and the cardigan. The black and white top is a nice fit for you though but I am just not sure if it's worth $48. Ahhhhh too many decisions! Good luck and let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I squealed when I discovered the pockets too!! Hahaha "lungs hanging out." Never heard that one before.

      In the end, I agreed with you! Not worth that much for 2 tanks and a cardi that I'm not crazy about. Even with the discount, if you divide evenly, they were $22 a piece. Too much!

      Thanks for the advice!

      Delete
  4. That wrap dress, especially, is absolutely fabulous on you! You definitely need to keep that one. I kind of like that keyhole tank on you, but it's questionable whether the awkwardness of straps and such is worth the fact that it's cute. I don't think that it's too baggy, which is absolutely a line to avoid. I like the chevron on you, but I can't really tell the shagginess from the photo. It's nice, but I wouldn't say it's a must keep sort of a thing. I guess I feel the same about both the tanks. My personal thought is to send back the cardigan. It's cute and fun and looks good on you, but it seems like its uses would be a little more limited because of the stripes. If you loved it, that would be different, and would make it worth it.

    Can't wait to see what you picked! Oh, yeah. I forgot to give you my choices. I chose to send it all back the last time. I really liked the jeans, but have such limited opportunities to wear them. I didn't love any of the other stuff. I'm looking forward to doing it again, but I think I'm going to skip May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is awesome advice! Thank you! You're definitely right about the cardigan. The stripes actually make it less wearable. So I sent it back after I realized that. Also, the tanks were just EH. Why spend money on EH? Thanks for encouraging me to make the right choice. :)

      I'm mad at Stitch Fix for sending you 5 items you didn't like last time. Bummer!!! I hope your next Fix is spot on! I'm skipping June and getting my next one in July. Actually, I didn't have a choice, since they didn't have anything available until late June, but that's how I wanted to do it anyway. No big!

      Delete
  5. Only keep what you love! Send those tops back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I needed to hear this. You're so right. :) Thank you for the encouragement!!

      Delete
  6. I think you look great in all of it, to be honest! But I agree with the comments above, keep what you love :) decisions are so hard though, especially when they concern SHOPPING. LOVE the dresses on you, and probably love the first tank third best. I have never heard of Stitch Fix, but I think I might be in trouble... when my husband asks, I'm blaming you ;) kidding of course!!! Enjoying feeling (AND looking!) great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very sweet to say I look great in all of it. :) Glad you love the dresses because I'm keeping them!! Yay!!!! If you end up doing Stitch Fix, you MUST let me know! I love living vicariously through other peoples' Fixes, so you must show me some pics!! :D

      Delete
  7. I left my feedback on Facebook but again, I say keep those dresses! Now, about the cleavage...my thought is if it's not appropriate for Church...it's just not appropriate anywhere and cleavage? That's for your hubby and no one else's eyes my friend. The idea of a lace-topped cami underneath would be a great fix, or sewing on a simple clasp on the inside yourself or metal buttony thing (I wish I knew the names of these items) and you will be rockin the dress with the gals tucked away in no time. If you need a photo of what I am talking about, let me know. I've done this with several dresses in the past.

    I would sent the tanks back - you didn't seem thrilled and you can probably go find two you do love at a store you enjoy for half the cost.

    I do really like that cardigan and think it could be a great addition to the summer evening wardrobe since it's thin material. You look so comfy and natural in it. Perhaps you could handwash it or wash alone on gentle and then air dry to make it last?

    Let us know what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm - that comments was NOT from Jonathan, but me, Amanda. Sorry, I must have been logged into his Google Account. Whoops! BTW I just signed up for stitch fix - getting it my birthday week in July! :) :) :)

      Delete
    2. I was like, "Wow, Jonathan sure has some great fashion advice." Haha! Jk. I knew it was you. :)

      I completely agree on the "cleavage should only be for husband's eyes" thing, but I didn't want to buy a dress only to be worn in the apartment. And I didn't want to send it back. So I'm SO happy several of you suggested wearing a cami underneath, or sewing in a clasp. I know exactly what you're talking about. Sounds perfect! Yay!!! I kept it, for sure, as well as the other dress. Sent everything back. Thanks for the help! And YAYYYY! So excited that you signed up for a Fix! And on your birthday weekend! How exciting! I really want to see pics! :) Hope you'll share!

      Delete
  8. Keep the two dresses definitely! They look great on you! I'm not too crazy, though, about either of the tops. I would go with your instincts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, girl! I'm so happy you agree. I kept the dresses and sent the other pieces back in the mail, pronto. So glad you like them. :)

      Delete
  9. Like the dresses a lot, and the first sleeveless top!!! I hate looking for summer sleeveless tops, and finding ones that are cute, but don't show bra straps, it's so difficult. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true! Bra straps like to sneak out when wearing tanks. It's a pain in the bum. Thanks for the input. Glad to hear you like the dresses. That's what I ended up keeping! Yay!! :)

      Delete
  10. I am SO GLAD to see the wrap dress in your post! I saw it in Pinterest and fell in love- sleeves so I wouldn't have to wear something over it for work, long enough for work without anything under, POCKETS?? My dream dress! But the posts with it were all fairly old so I worried maybe they didn't have it anymore. Now my dream to get it in my next one at the end of the month is still alive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really hope you get it this month!!! I didn't even know it existed until they sent it in this Fix. I love it so much. Totally wearing it today. After it arrived, I googled it to see if other bloggers had gotten it. I saw it in a bunch of different colors, but not the aqua color I have. SO pretty!! Hope your dream comes true!! :D Thanks for stoping by!

      Delete
  11. You look beautiful, Stephanie! Love the blue wrap dress, especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...