Monday, May 4, 2015

It's the Final Countdown

I'm 39 weeks pregnant as of today. FULL TERM, BABY!

Which means, the countdown can really begin! But this countdown is a bit odd because I have no idea how many days should actually be in it... Who knows when baby will finally show? 

5/5/15 aka Cinco de Mayo would be a really cool birthday. But I'd have to go into labor like now. Or 5/10/15 would be super cool because... multiples of five! And Mother's Day! Too bad I have absolutely zero control over any of this. :P

I'm willing to go 2 weeks late, which means baby could be cookin' for up to another 3 weeks. But I'm hoping he/she won't take me up on that. 

Sure, the waiting and not knowing can be maddening in some moments, but for the most part, we're just enjoying these last few days or weeks as a family of two. Soaking it all in. So we've been spending lots of quality time together and adventuring all around town. 

What does a married couple do when their couple-days are nearly over?

Well, we went on a super fancy date and enjoyed a decadent 5-course tasting menu.


We got super dressed up for said super fancy date.


We went to see Graceland!

We've lived in Memphis for almost 3 years and never got the chance to go, so now that our Memphis days are coming to an end, we figured we needed to check it out while we still have the chance. 


I'm all shook up. :)



We saw Matt Maher in concert. Baby's first concert! And it was soooo good. I especially fell in love with this song.


And then the most ridiculous tourist attraction/trap ever opened in Memphis last weekend, so we had to check that out, because, again... Memphis days are numbered.

A Bass Pro Shop in a 32-story pyramid (did you know Memphis was named for an ancient Egyptian city?) with a bowling alley and duck museum and alligator pit and a hotel and... let's just stop there because it was, no joke, ridiculous!

So ridiculous that the Today Show picked up on it.



We've both been nesting like crazy.


Everything is set up and ready for a baby.

I'm so glad to have his help!


Today, we went strawberry picking!


Tonight, we make strawberry shortcake!


And I got my nails did this afternoon. Color changing gel polish! 


John is officially on paternity leave until July. And I said farewell to my job as a youth minister.

These silly ducks threw me a surprise shower at one of our last youth group meetings. 


We went to the movies a few days ago to see the new Avengers movie, because who knows when we'll get to go to the movies again?

And we've been writing thank you cards like crazy people. Gifts are coming in left and right. This baby is so loved! 

Oh, and I'm one of those weirdos who bought a labor and delivery dress. Mine's way cuter than the ones on the site. It's sold out now though. No need to worry, you'll get to see pics of it in my up and coming birth story. My thought was that I wanted to be comfy for birth, not wearing one of the usual hospital gowns. And the day I give birth will likely be right up there with other big days, like the day we got engaged and the day we got married. So why not splurge a little and get a pretty dress? 

Whew, we sure are keeping busy! Busy is good because busy equals distracted. And distracted equals not thinking about when this baby will make his/her move. 

Who am I kidding? It's all I can think about! But I'm still going to try my best not to wish our last days as a family of two away. Let's see if we can come up with some more fun adventures in the meantime. :)

Next time you hear from me will probably be a baby announcement! Eeeeeee! Keep us in your prayers. 

St. Gerard, pray for us. 
St. John Paul II, pray for us.
Blessed Fulton Sheen, pray for us.
St. Blaise, pray for us.
St. Francis, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, pray for us.
St. Helena, pray for us. 
Holy Family, pray for us. 

PS - I may be giving some hints on baby names there. ;) Our little one will almost definitely be named for one of the above saints. So, intercede for us, sweet saints! For a safe delivery and a healthy, thriving baby. Please and amen!



24 comments:

  1. You guys look like you're having a lot of fun! I love it! I hope everything goes well! Can't till the little one shows up and to hear your birth story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! Can't wait to share the baby and the birth story with all of you. :)

      Delete
  2. I have to say that 5/5 is a great birthday... but I may be a little biased. I even get two doubles - 5/5/77. I hope your are able to enjoy these last days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking like a 5/5 birthday isn't going to happen for this little one, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! And I'm loving that your birthdate has two sets of doubles. Easy to remember and way cool. :)

      Delete
  3. Wait whaaaat?! There's a new avengers movie?! How did I miss that?!?! Oh yeah maybe has something to do with not having seen a movie in a theater in over a year. Heh.

    And whoa I didn't realize you were 39 weeks already! I'll be praying for you! I think the hardest part of the last few weeks for me was not knowing if baby would come tomorrow or 3 weeks from tomorrow. I need to plan!

    And I'm impressed at your strawberry picking abilities at 39 weeks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers! I'm right there with ya. I'd love to be able to plan around this baby's arrival, but I guess God just didn't want to design it that way. :P Always trying to teach us patience.

      Strawberry picking only lasted about 15 min. And there was a lot of time spent standing and seeking out the ruby red strawberries before I'd squat down to pick. No need to be impressed. :P

      Delete
  4. Wow! Time went by quickly! It looks like you are making the most of your last quiet days. Praying that whatever day baby makes his/her entrance all goes well. Looking forward to hearing your news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers! Can't wait to share our good news. Hopefully soon. :D And yes, time really has flown by. It's crazy.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe the baby's almost here! Hopefully one week rather than three. I'm voting for Mother's Day. Love the multiples of 5 birth date, and frankly MD is not one of my favorites, so I'm all for anything amazing to help redeem that day! I absolutely love that you are taking some time to enjoy these last few days even as you anxiously wait for them to be over. I can't wait to "meet" this little one, I can't even imagine how excited you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the multiples of 5 birthdate too. I'm not the only nerdy one here. :) Can't wait to introduce our little one to ya! And yes, I'm verrryyyyy excited!!!

      Delete
  6. Wow...time has been flying. Your due date of May 11 is my wedding anniversary date. Sometimes it falls on Mother's day. Sounds like you are making the best of the last few days or weeks of being just two...soon you will be a family of three. Good luck with the delivery and prayers for a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers and good luck wishes. :) Happy anniversary on May 11th! It sure sounds like a great date for a wedding. And perhaps a baby being born? We shall see!

      Delete
  7. You guys have been busy!! What fun! Can't believe your little one is almost here, so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I can't believe it either. Feels like just yesterday I was getting excited for the arrival of *your* little one! And now she's almost 5 months old. Time flies!

      Delete
  8. Yay yay yay you're almost there! I think the last few weeks are the hardest but the most rewarding parts of pregnancy - you can just *feel* so deeply that you're almost there and the excitement is overwhelming! I'm praying for all 3 of you guys as you draw near -- can't wait to hear about him/her when they get here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers! And yes, you've described this time of waiting perfectly. Overwhelming excitement is a thing for sure. Can't wait to share baby news with all of you! :)

      Delete
  9. Prayers, Stephanie!! Sounds like you've been making the most of your time :) And I vote for naming the baby "Holy Family" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If we name our baby HoFa, you'll know who inspired it. It sure would be a unique name. :) I included the Holy Family because I was praying a novena to them when we found out we were expecting, so I ask them to interceded for our baby all the time now. They rock. Thanks for the prayers, Bethany! <3

      Delete
  10. You are so cute! love your pretty blue dress for the date. Prayers for a smooth arrival for baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for the sweet compliment, MB! <3 And thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  11. Praying baby & mom stay healthy.. whenever baby decides to come.... 5-13 is my guess.. ( my anniversary too )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, Lucky! <3 Let's see how good of a guesser you are. :)

      Delete
  12. Super glad your did so well during these past 9 months! Can't wait to "meet" your little one. Love all the names. I'm surprised you made it past the full moon so now I too am betting on a May 13 date (Fatima).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrmmmm... two guesses for 5/13. Might be my lucky day. :) I believed for a little while that the full moon would bring baby out, but guess not. :P Can't wait to introduce our little one to you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...